Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Islanders @ Devils 2/11/09

Ah, a division match up. Don't you love it? I'm not going to do a full play-by-play, though. I'm providing a slightly watered-down version of it. I'm mentally and physically exhausted and can only give so much humor and ingenious sarcasm. So here we go. Let's go Devils.

7:03 - Jay Pandolfo will be playing for the first time since January 17th.

7:06 - Travis Zajac has a +/- of +27. Jeez. He's pretty awesome.

7:11 - Andy Greene stole the puck from someone! Woo! Greene did something useful.

7:12 - YAY WEEKSIE! Kevin Weekes makes his first save of the game.

7:13 - Islanders score on Weeksie. Is it too late to take back my 'yay'?

7:20 - If I could coach the Devils, I would totally change the lines. Also, I'd be less angry than Brent Sutter is.

7:21 - Brent Sutter quote about Martin Brodeur's recovery and return: "I had 7 pucks lined up & I scored 4 times on him. When he's ready to play, he's got to stop all 7." Jeez Marty, if you can't stop Brent Sutter's shots, please don't come back yet.

7:23 - Oh, come on! How did we not score on that?! It was 4 inches from the goal line and there were two red-shirts in front! Well, we got a power play thanks to Brendan Witt of New York. Interference. Dummy.

7:25 - Jamie Langenbunner gets hit in the mouth by a high-stick and spits out some blood. The refs don't buy it though and only give the dirtbag who him 2-minutes. Poor Captain. At least he kept his teeth in.

7:27 - Seriously, if we cannot score on a 5-on-3 against the ISLANDERS, we've got issues.

7:28 - HUUGEE oporitunity by Brian Gionta in front of the net. MacDonald blocks it and then two Islanders knock Gio over.

7:30 - I re-watched the high-stick on Jamie thanks to the magic of TiVo. If that's not a double-minor, I don't know what is. He was bleeding.

7:31 - Doc and Chico's banter is less funny when we are losing and Jamie is bleeding.

7:33 - Jamie gets knocked over behind MacDonald's net. Leave Awesomebrunner alone!

7:36 - I believe David Clarkson draws a penalty but they cut to commercial before we are sure. Silly Clarky, penalties are for Isles!

7:38 - Clarky + Bad call = High-sticking penalty.

7:44 - YAY! YAY!! ZACH PARISE SCORES!! 33 GOALS! CAREER HIGH! GOO ZACHY BOY!!

7:46 -Yes! Weeksie makes a GREAT glove save! DO THIS MORE OFTEN!!

7:47 - Intermission. 1-1. Yay Devs!

8:07 - Gahh! I miss the first minute of play because I was showering. Brian Gionta with a great check against the boards.

8:09 - Fantastic chance by Jay Pandolfo. Denied by MacDonald.

8:10 - Fantastic-er chance by Bryce Salvador but denied AGAIN by MacDonald. Bobby Holik gets called for goalei interference. Doh!

8:13 - NO! Islanders score on the power play. 2-1. ='( [See how sad that sad-face is?]

8:16-ish - Brian Gionta injures Doug Weight.

8:25 - The Devils have taken about 807 shots. We're on the power play and cannot do anything.

8:28 - I hate life.

8:31 - They're reviewing the goal? I'm confused. I guess they think it may've crossed. Clearly it didn't. I don't see why they're reviewing it. They announce 'no goal on the play'. I think Zachy boy's gonna cry.

8:34 - The Islanders captain goes to the unforvgiving penalty box for hooking.

8:35 - YAY!!! JAMIE LANGENBRUNNER! Oh, you don't even know how much I love you!! 16th of the year!

8:42 - Interview with good 'ol Awesombrunner. His hair is looking particularly spikey.

8:59 - And the 3rd period is back on.

9:11 - So bored...

9:22 - ZACH PARISE!! 2 GOAL GAME!! AHHH!! 34th GOAL!! PARISE HEARTS!! <3

9:38 - 4-2 victory over the Islanders!! Also, Jamie lost a tooth? I don't really know how because he wasn't really bleeding when he got hit in the mouth earlier but now he has one less tooth.

That was a great game.

Jamie hearts <3

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment