Sunday, January 25, 2009

Here's My Conspiracy Theory

Oh, what a thriller! An 11-11 game to go into a shootout after a penalty was drawn in the third period? Now that's an All Star game! I admit, I got a kick out of watching Mike Komisarek laugh himself up in the box after sustained a hooking penalty. I knew from the start that Alex Ovechkin would do something heroic before the game's end. I think we all did. What I didn't suspect was Alexei Kovalev scoring THREE goals tonight. That's right, a hatrick for Alexei tonight, scoring two in regulation and the third in the shootout. Of course, then, Kovalev was given the MVP tonight after the Eastern Conference was named the winner thanks to Mr. Ovechkin.

I really wanted the MVP to go to Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas who played the 3rd period and the shoot out. It seemed unlikely though, seeing as Kovalev is a native from Montreal who racked up three big-ones tonight in his own arena in front of, I'd say, 50% Montreal Canadiens fans. Considering Boston and Montreal are sworn rivals, even though Thomas plays for the Eastern conference stars also, somehow it seemed like it just wasn't happening for good 'ol Timmy Thomas.

Photobucket

Maybe next year, Timmy boy.

On another note, congratulations to my boy Zach Parise for scoring in his first All Star game!

Photobucket

Our little boy is growing up. First goal of his first All Star game. They grow up so fast, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment