Tuesday, March 3, 2009

RANT.

Okay, so I haven't updated this in a while due to lack of time and lack of fans (duh xD). However, the action in the New Jersey hockey club hasn't subsided and there's a lot for me to talk [rant] about. Let's start with the obvious.

So, welcome back, Marty Brodeur. I'll be honest...when Brodeur went down in November, every Devils fan died a little inside and was just about anticipating the Devils to drop down to the bottom of the standings. We were ready to try and use Mr. Kevin Weekes but Weeksie, while I do love him, is not an all-star. So what do we do? We ask our nice little minor league goalie, Scott Clemmensen, to come up from his nice AHL spot to cover for our 4-time-Vezina-winner, ever-year-all-star, future-hall-of-famer, lots-of-records-holding-goalie that is Brodeur. ...wait, what? Isn't that a little much to put on a minor leaguer like Clemmensen? Well, apparently no one else thought so. And they were right. It turns out Scott Clemmensen (known as 'baby goalie') is actually really, really, seriously, good.

Yes, Scott Clemmensen carried us from November to February and blocked shots like a half-ninja, half-goalie mixture man. When Marty comes back, though, we dropped baby goalie like he was hot and stuck him back into the minors. Okay, I get that we couldn't drop Weeksie due to some waiver-issue but really? Isn't dropping him a little harsh seeing as he saved our sorry red-rocking asses from complete obliteration at the hands of, well, everyone? Probably, yeah.

Well Brodeur is back to us now. Not only is he back but he's making the other team's offensive players cry. To quote the great Chico, Brodeur is a 'fabulous freak of nature'...not to mention he has 2 shutouts in his first 3 games back! That is insane. And we love it. True, there was a time not too long ago where I despised Brodeur for his unfortunate injury and I poked a little fun at the man who was sitting out. I may've called him things like 'pixie' or 'fairy queen' or 'princess' or 'delicate little flower'. I may've said things like 'listen to me Nancy-boy, pull up your dress, strap on some skates and get your girly ass down in the crease!'... but, uh, where was I going with this? Oh yes, he's back and he's playing better than ever!

Granted, the Devils defense stepped it up BIG-TIME the night of Brodeur's return. Can you blame them? I think Colin White and Paul Martin were using every inch of their body as a shield to keep that puck away from MB30 (how gay is that new mask, by the way...). Really though, I'm glad to have Marty back.

And then there's Zach Parise. I'm not a puck bunny type fan. Not at all. While Zach Parise is the object of lust for all the teenage girl hockey 'fans' in the area, I never bought into it. But with THIRTY-EIGHT goals this season...I'm seriously considering one of those Anime-type love sequences where I float in the air behind him surrounded by little hearts! Of course, Jamie Langenbrunner and Travis Zajac are both HUGE HUGE HUGE parts of his success but really Zach, you're like Super Man this year.

Rant part II coming tomorrow after trade deadline!!

2 comments:

  1. hi, nice blog. I'm from Battle of New York.

    I agree with your take on Clemmensen. He sure gave the Devs a lot. Kinda feel sorry he didn't get a chance to go elsewhere. lol at the half ninja reference. He never looked comfortable but got the job done.


    Want to trade links? I will stick your link on our site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're up!

    Here's our site link:

    http://www.battleofny.com/


    It's basically me and Hasan is our Devil blogger. I'm a Ranger fan but try to cover as much as possible. We've been around for two years. Just figured I'd give ya a little background.


    Peace.

    ReplyDelete